le tasting room

Loire wine tours, tastings, day trips from Paris & short breaks organised by experienced English wine trade professionals.

Wednesday 20 April 2011

A delicious radish salad

I don't know if you're like me but to be honest I've never been too fussed about radishes. They look pretty and I buy a bunch from time to time but more often than not, after the inital enthusiasm, they end up at the bottom of the fridge. All that has changed - I've found a recipe that uses a whole bunch and it's absolutely delicious. Here it is

800g radishes finely sliced (I had less than this but used a whole bunch)
1 Granny Smith (I used a Gala)
2 cornichons finely diced
1 shallot finely diced

For the dressing:
2tbs creme fraiche
1tsp dijon mustard
the zest and juice of 1 lemon
50ml sunflower oil
chopped chervil (I didn't have any so used flat leaf parsley and a little coriander) and mint.


Mix all the dressing ingredients together pour over the chopped radishes, apple, cornichons and shallot and mix well. Season and stir in the fresh herbs.

What could be simpler? I served it with a salmon and tarragon tart which worked well but it would be lovely as part of a simple starter.

No comments:

Post a Comment